COVID-19 Summer Procedures
Dear Parents/Guardians, and Athletes,
Jasper County Charter Schools will begin to open up for athletic conditioning activities on the following dates:
- High School – Monday, June 8, 2020
- Middle School – Monday, June 15, 2020
Jasper County Schools and the GHSA have established guidelines to ensure a safe return for our athletes and coaches. Everyone must abide by the instructions and help us develop an open line of communication. The administration has approved all guidelines and procedures for conditioning activities at JCMS and JCHS. Please read through all of this information and contact the Athletic Director with questions or concerns.
- Athletes/Parents need to contact the main office of each school to verify participation in summer conditioning.
- All contact information will be updated at that time.
- All athletes must have a valid physical on file with the school.
- The deadline to signup is Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
If the student does not have a valid physical, they will need to complete the following.
- Download a blank physical form here or pick up one at the school office. English Spanish
- Schedule a physical exam with their primary care physician. The completed physical can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or delivered to the respective school.
Note: $5.00 physicals will be administered for JCHS Fall Sport participants on June 17, 2020, and for JCMS Fall Sports participants on July 8, 2020. A detailed schedule will be released at a later date.
- Athletes will be placed in groups by their coach
- On Thursday, June 4, 2020, coaches will notify registered athletes on the date, time, and location of their workout.
Below are the guidelines that JCCS will follow during all summer activities.
- All summer work is voluntary.
- Workouts are conditioning only: no balls or sport-specific equipment.
- All staff and athletes must be screened before each workout.
- Signage will be posted on-site with the following:
- Do you or have you had a fever in the last week?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you traveled to a “hot spot” for COVID-19?
- No one is allowed to participate if they
- Answer yes to any of the above questions.
- Have a fever above 100.3
- Do not have a valid physical
- Are not with the assigned group
- Have not been cleared by the Athletic Director
- Groups will consist of 20 people, including coaches, for workouts per sport at any given time at the campus/facility.
- Groups should be the same individuals (including coaches) for each session to limit the risk of exposure.
- Students or coaches CANNOT change groups for the duration of this guidance.
- Multi-sport athletes can only participate in one sport during the summer conditioning.
- All conditioning activities are:
- Non-contact activities
- Closed to the public
- No friends or siblings are allowed
- A coach’s spouse and children will be counted in the number of participants.
- There will be no use of locker rooms or shower facilities. Students should report to the facility dressed to condition and shower at home.
- Weight equipment should be cleaned before each workout and sanitized between use by each group.
- Wipe benches, weights, and bars off after each use.
- Hand sanitizer should be plentiful and readily available.
- Each student should have their own personal water bottle. No use of water fountains or “water cows” is allowed.
- Side spots only in weight training.
- No weight room activity that requires athletes to sit or lay on the floor.
- Social distancing should be adhered to always, and masks/face covering are recommended for the weight room.
- At least 15 minutes should be scheduled between groups to allow for disinfecting the facility.
- Clean benches, bars, weights, restrooms, door handles, etc.
- Allow cleaning solution to remain on items for 10 minutes before wiping off.
- Custodians will clean weight rooms every afternoon
- Coaches will clean weight rooms between group sessions
- No congregating before or after workouts
Please contact Eddie Roberts with any questions or concerns.
JCCS Athletic Director